Saturday, December 8, 2012

Sister Krystal Middleton (Nydegger)


I spent a few minutes today digging through my box of mission picture in hopes of finding a few with your husband, but I came up with only two, both huge groups shots from zone conference that you probably also have a copy of. So then I spent a few minutes digging through my memory. After 8 years and two children, memories have sure faded, but my memories of Elder Rhineer are fond. I served in Leeds as an "office sister" when Elder Rhineer was AP, so I saw him fairly regularly. I was at first, somewhat intimidated by his status as AP and his all-business attitude. I felt I had to be on my best behavior when he was around. Of couse I quickly learned that my first impressions were not entirely correct. Upon getting to know him better I saw his fun-loving side. I remember joking around at the mission office regularly. I wish I had a more concrete memory to share with you. The quality that stands out most in my memory, is his kindness. He never spoke unkindly of anyone. 

It was fun to be in the mission office to see how it all worked, especially at transfer time. I had expressed to Elder Rhineer and Elder Chell that I had always wanted to serve in South Shields because it was only sister's area that included beaches. They teased me and told me it wasn't very likely. Of course the changes are directed by the spirit, and the mission pres, but I know the APs had a hand in it too... I remember seeing a mischievous grin on Elder Rhineer's face when I found out I would be finishing my mission in South Shields.

No comments:

Post a Comment