Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bailey & Brooklynn Bronson


Here's what Bailey had to say about her Uncle CJ:

What was your favorite thing to do with Uncle CJ?  "I like to play games with him.  (What type of games?)  We played Hungry Hippo! (Did you win or did CJ win?)  We both win!  CJ also liked to play Hide 'n Go Seek with me.  One time I hid and he had to find me.  I hid in a very tricky place. (Where were you hiding?)  I was hiding behind the bathroom door!  (Did CJ find you?)  Yeah, he found me he was a good finder.  (Anything else?)  One time CJ pushed me on the skateboard.  (When did he do that?)  Down on the driveway by the trampoline.  He was pushing me really slow because he didn't want me to get an owie."

What do you remember about Keri and CJ's wedding?  "I got to wear a beautiful white dress. (I think she was a little confused about what she was wearing and what you were wearing.)  Kate and I got to wear pretty dresses and Owen was just there.  We waited by the temple for Keri and CJ.  We danced at the wedding party.  It was so much fun!  I had yummy treats.  (What did you eat?)  Dinner and a chocolate fountain.  (What else do you remember about their wedding?)  They got married at the temple."

What do you remember the most about Uncle CJ?  "I remember going out to dinner with him (she loves eating at restaurants so that didn't surprise me). I was so excited that I got to sit on CJ's lap and eat.  He sat right next to me and we just ate dinner.  I also remember that I gave him a big hug and I said I love you!  I love CJ and I miss him."

She also said, "I woke up this morning and I thought I would see CJ again.  I miss him so much."  I don't include that to make this message sad, but just to show you how much she loves CJ.  She prays for him and you every single day.  Some days her prayers are so heart felt that I think she might be crying; I have to open my eyes to check.  She talks about him and asks questions every day.  Whenever she's with you, I'm so worried that she'll say something that will make you sad (or sadder) and I'm sorry if she has ever done that.  I know that CJ will forever be with her and in her heart.  He will be able to teach her so many wonderful lessons and she won't ever forget him.  I know that it will be hard, but I try to let Bailey's questions teach me too.  To see the world through a child's eyes can often open our hearts and minds.

If only Brooklynn could talk, I know she'd have some fun stuff to say but the light in her eyes and the laughter from her heart is enough.  She truly lights up when I show her pictures of CJ.  I know that he is her boyfriend and I'm pretty sure that she talks to him at night.  I just think of that picture of the two of them and it brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes.

I love you Keri and so do my girls!!  Thank you for being such a wonderful sister and an amazing auntie!!

 Here's Bailey at your wedding.  You guys had just come out of the temple and she ran up to give both of you big hugs.  She was so excited for your wedding party day!


Here's some of that crazy dancing at your wedding!

 This is what Bailey meant by eating yummy treats--chocolate fountain!

 This may look like a dance off, and the kids thought it was a dance party, but really we were playing a game to see who could get the most steps on a pedometer in one minute by dancing or whatever you thought would win.  Of course, CJ is right in the mix of it.
These pictures don't portray CJ's true dancing ability; he could seriously dance!
 CJ made Brooklynn smile :)  The two of them could have sat in front of the ipad and taken pictures all night long!  She loved it!!
 Here she's smiling at CJ while he just bounces a big, yellow balloon--pure love.
 Christmas day with Keri & CJ
Whenever we went to the beach, CJ was always so willing and happy to play with the kids.  This was Bailey's dream come true--to be in a big, giant hole.  CJ did that for her while we sat and watched.

1 comment:

  1. Kaci. This is just Beautiful. Is there anything more to say? Time, as short as it may seem, with an angel here on earth is so precious. I know you all realize what a gift CJ is to your family and how truly blessed you are to have him as an eternal part of your amazing family.

    ReplyDelete