Thursday, May 24, 2012

Brittany Fox


My memory of CJ…

I only got the pleasure of meeting CJ once, but I remember vividly when I met him. I already loved him because I had heard so many amazing stories and seen pictures of everything that he and Keri did together, but most importantly I knew how happy he made Keri.

It was right around Christmas, Keri and I had been shopping. CJ told Keri that he was going to buy her a pair of boots for Christmas and I was in the market for boots as well…and as we all know Keri is the best person to take shopping! When you go shopping with Keri, you actually buy all the things that you have had your eye on instead of passing by and putting them on your wish list. So, boot shopping we went! Keri, found her boots and she was so excited to show them to her hubby! When we got back to their house, she dropped all her bags right away and pulled out her boots to show CJ. In the adorable Keri way…she explained how, “They look tight on my calves, but they just need to stretch because they are new…” She kept talking and modeling her boots, but all I could see was CJ staring at her smiling, laughing, and shaking his head. He was so incredibly in love with her. In that moment I was so touched by how he stared at her and just loved her for her. In that moment, I thought to myself just how much I wanted to strive for the marriage that they had together in my own marriage. Keri and CJ’s marriage is so beautiful and is such a wonderful example of how we should all be.

I know that CJ is looking down on you just as he looked at you that day, so incredibly in love and so proud of the person that you are and what you share together.


1 comment:

  1. CJ starting at her, smiling, shaking his head. Such a great description. That's how I picture him a lot of the time.

    ReplyDelete