Friday, April 27, 2012

Chris Hill

It is not very often in life that we get to meet our heroes. I was lucky enough to meet one of my heroes and be around him everyday for almost 3 years. Christian loved life and I think the only thing he loved more was you. He always lived life by doing and standing up for what was right. As many people would say "they don't make 'em any better than Christian Rhineer". His smile was infectious and I think one of his best qualities. The other quality I admired was he never said a single bad thing about anyone or thing. He truly loved the gospel and understood the big picture. I know for a fact he understood the plan of salvation and the eternal covenant of marriage that he entered into with you. This mortal world may have lost one of the biggest giants among men but I know for a fact you will see him again and he will watch over you the rest of your life.

Just like our savior, Jesus Christ, Christian lived a "model of excellence" life.

Christian Rhineer truly was a gift from God. In the past 3 plus years I was able to associate with him I learned what an amazing person he truly was. His zest and love for life and others mainly the love he had for his Keri was out of this world. Every Friday at work group of us would always go to lunch and we ate at some great places like: Red Iguana, Siegfried's Deli, Granados, Mooches, Greek Slovakia, Lucky 13, and Bruges for the delicious waffles. During these lunch dates as we joked they were, or as Christian would call them, "The Men's Hour" we had amazing conversations. One of the favorite parts was every time I begun to talk about marriage or life, he would joke and say out loud "here comes another Chris-ism or Chirs words of wisdom". He would often say we should write a book and get rich off terrible advice. It was always fun to joke around and get a funny reaction out of Christian. Even after he moved to Irvine, when I would ping him via same time the inter office chat system, his first response was always here comes a Chris-ism. That man knew how to put a smile on my face. We loved to talk sports and he would often ask about my 12 year old son who plays baseball and football. Living in Utah county we had connections because that is where he grew up. We spent hours talking about Utah Valley Football League and he would tell me he was the 8th grade QB and they won it all. They ran two plays and that was QB keep left and right. He loved the game of golf and the Utah Jazz. I spent two years working for the Jazz part time and every Jazz game Christian would come find me and say hi. The first time I met Keri was after a Jazz game when the weather was terrible and they were running through the Gateway back to their car with no coats and were soaking wet. I had a couple of long sleeve shirts that they gave away that night I gave them to put on. The next day Christian thanked me 10 times saying it was the nicest thing ever. I was like dude they were a couple of cheap shirts. He was always so thankful for things people did. Christian's passing has made me realize that it is the simple things in life that matter. Be grateful for what we have and love life as he did. He will always have a place in my heart.

I love you Christian.

Chris Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment