Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Natalie Moore

Dear CJ,

I remember the first time I heard Keri talk about you. I was several months pregnant, and she had agreed to meet me at the Rumbi's in Orem for lunch to see my ever growing belly. I hated that such time had passed, so I did the most obvious thing and spent an adequate amount of time looking into her life on Facebook prior to our lunch. I had seen her and a handsome man in paradise. You were both tan, and beautiful. You were clearly more than fond of each other. I just had to know more of this man I had never heard of. When I inquired about the mysterious man in Keri's pictures, I remember how her face lit up. I remember that she became giddy. I remember that she told me you were a real man, with a real job, and a real house. It was clear that Keri was infatuated, and it was obvious, even though that early in the relationship she was not quick to admit it, I knew that you would marry my sweet Keri.

I remember the first time I met you. Jon and I had driven to Provo for your Utah Reception. Upon arriving, I stole your bride away from a crowd of friends for a moment to get the inside scoop on life. She jabbered about you. I don't think I had ever seen her glow like that before, not in the 20+ years of friendship. It was clear you were a special part of her life. An integral, vital, eternally important part of her life. She pointed to you from across the yard, and you must have sensed it, or you were just constantly keeping your eye out for her, because immediately both yours and Keri's eyes met and you came right over, without a single word. You didn't say much during our first encounter, but when you did, Keri always laughed. I love that you made Keri laugh.

CJ, I love that you were Keri's Prince Charming, and I know that you always will be. I can't thank you enough for taking care of my sweet Keri and loving her the way that you did. You made the lives of those around you better, even in just an encounter or in passing.

Your friend,
Straight Haired Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment