Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tony Atkins

Hi Keri
I first met Elder Rhineer when investigating the church at a baptism. He was very friendly and welcoming and made a big impression on me. Our paths crossed infrequently until he became an assistant to the president. As I had known previous assistants I was in the habit of taking them out on their preparation days which were Saturdays to see the beautiful English countryside. I continued when Elder Rheineer was assistant and always enjoy the time we spent together. He used to love listening to the music I had in the car but the song he always wanted every time we went out was Rock the Casbah by the Clash, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Hdt_zWIPI&feature=fvwrel . We would drive along singing to this song (The other assistant as they changed were introduced to it).
Elder Rheineer always knew how to have fun and yet remains one of the most spiritual people I have been fortunate to cross my path. the way he continued on his mission when his father died and served as assistant for so long shows how faithful he was to the task heavenly Father had given him. He was a great servant and a pleasure to know. It was always a joy to meet him again when I was over in Salt Lake,
He will be missed
Tony Atkins

No comments:

Post a Comment