Saturday, October 20, 2012

My sister Tera

My sweet sister Keri

This email has been partially written for about 7 months now, and I
can't stop thinking about it, and my defining CJ moment. It has been
so nice to have you close by Ker, you always have a place here if you
want a break from home. I'm a selfish person, what can I say...

When I think of CJ, I can't help but smile, no matter how I may feel, no
matter how much I miss him, I have to smile. I have to smile because he
made you smile and that was the most important thing. I have never seen you
happier than when you were with your prince charming - CJ.

I always thought you two were equally crazy and so in love with each
other, I felt lucky to be a part of it all and witness such an amazing
relationship. You two knew how to live life to the fullest, you did
more together than most do in a lifetime together. I love you so much,
I love your CJ, I miss him and I miss you two.

Here is my CJ moment, this is the moment that KNEW that CJ was perfect
for you. At this time you were just dating and had been friends for a
long time now. It was when the entire family was in Utah for your
graduation. We all had a great day, come time to go celebrate your big
accomplishment, in typical Miller fashion, we had no idea of what we
wanted to go do, just that we wanted to go do something. How are we
all so indecisive????

As we were all hanging out at your place, getting ready, not knowing
what we were getting ready for, the stress of the moment hit you. With
the entire family looking to you for some answer, a meltdown was in
the making. You had a "Keri moment" (we love you and your moments,)
none of us knew what to do/say to help. We just wanted you to be happy
and have a good time on your big day, and here comes CJ...

CJ to rescue. He walked into your bedroom (where all of us were
crammed, which made it pretty tight in your baby room), saw you having
a moment and that we were not helping at all. He made sure he had your
attention, put his loving arms around you and in that moment, I saw
you melt into him. You suddenly were calm, CJ swooped you away, away
from all of us  and with your CJ by your side you  both came back and
plan was made.

We had such an amazing time at the Jazz game that night and CJ made
that happen. He was by your side until he had you completely calm and
happy. At the same time he made sure to make all of us feel important
and that we could get to know him.

Since this I have had so many special memories with you and CJ. My
other favorite moments are playing tennis. I know you two played hard,
a lot, and were real good. You come to California and want to play, so
of course I join. CJ made me feel like I am good at tennis, he would
hit right to me every time, setting me up perfectly, and sometimes I
would return it to him, and make him run across court. He would be so
patient, show me how to hold the racket and once again, make me feel
good. Then, I would watch the two of you play and realize how easy he
was playing for me.

You two were truly made for each other, complete soulmates, you loved
each other so hard. You two set the high standard for what a marriage
should look like, and how to love and not hold back. I miss CJ, I miss
his laugh, his dance moves and I miss seeing you glow when you are
with him.

Ker Mae, I love you so so much, I am lucky to be your sister, you are
an amazing example in so many ways, I need to be more like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment