Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stoneground - Natalie Moore

The other night my little family ventured downtown to grab some grub. We ended up at Stoneground for the first time in a long time. As Gage amazed me with the mess he could make in such a short amount of time, and as Asher continued to drool puddles, I was quickly reminded of why I refuse to take the kids out to dinner with me. Suddenly, it occurred to me the last time I was here, things were oddly similar but ended very differently. You see, the last time we were here eating, you and I had spontaneously purchased groupons while at work just because we were hungry. Typical, I know. Excitedly, we grabbed our men and met up at stoneground for a night out and some pizza. Just as it was the other night, I had a drooling baby attached to my hip. Gage got impatient sitting in the high chair, and whined most of the night. CJ reassured me it wasn't a problem. When the mess and the cries persisted, I came closer and closer to giving up. Just then I noticed CJ sweetly begin to sneak Gage pieces of crust. My little guy ferociously ate every piece. After sharing for most of the night, CJ began to laugh, you know the one, the contagious laugh that makes you never want to stop. In between chuckles he called Gage "a beast" and told us how much he likes beasts. It turns out, over the course of the night CJ had fed Gage a whole pizza crust. I loved that about CJ, he could give any situation a reason to laugh about, even a beastly baby. "The most wasted of all days is that in which we have not laughed." ~Chamfort. I don't doubt that CJ went even a day without laughing. He laughed, he lived, he loved. I'm grateful I got to witness that. Missing you two.

No comments:

Post a Comment