Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feb 12

Today.. we pressed the snooze on the alarm to get ready for church. Waking up was always a struggle for us, 9am church didn't help, and we would always rush to get ready. CJ always claimed he could get ready faster than I could. I always won. He always did his fancy tie, cuff links, tie the shoes, belt.. he had a lot going on. Today he wore his wedding suit to church. I loved it when he wore that suit, he looked so HANDSOME in it.. always reminded me of when we got married. We were late to church, the usual, but this sunday was extra crowded because there was a missionary speaking, so we did the walk of shame to the front row, right in the center. I was so nervous all Sunday because I had to teach my lesson.. CJ just held my hand and said he would come teach it for me. I almost took him up on it. In church we played the word game on our hand (usually wrote on the back, but we were front row, people were watching). We made up our own "hand squeeze" language.. where we would squeeze each others hand and have a conversation. It always ended with 3 squeezes and one HARD... translation I LOVE YOU... HARD. We would always see who could squeeze the hardest and make is not noticeable in our facial expressions, my whole body would get into it. and we both would start to laugh. We did this the entire sacrament. Sunday school came next.. I sat there and listened, trying to focus on the lesson and stressing about teaching the next hour. The next thing I know, CJ is making a comment and I just remember holding his hand and thinking to myself.. yup, thats my husband. I loved it when he made comments, because he had so much scripture knowledge, his comments were always so powerful. After Sunday school, CJ walked me to the Young Women room and gave me a little pep talk and a kiss for good luck. I did it, I taught the lesson. I was nervous and sweaty.. and I only taught 5 girls.. I just always get so nervous. I was so grateful for CJ and all his notes.. I still have them, and look at them. The lesson was about keeping the spirit with us. When I was done.. I just opened the door to find CJ, and there he was waiting for me in the hall. Leaning against the wall with that little smirk on his face... He brought so much peace and calmness to my madness... I told him about how I was nervous, but I think I did ok... he just laughed at me, told me I did fine. I always remember holding his hand, I love holding his hand, it was sunny and we walked to our car together hand in hand. Then we were a bit beasty... and changed quickly to the topic of what we were going to eat as soon as we got home. We were good eaters. We didn't even bother to change out of our church clothes.. we walked into the kitchen and started pulling out all the snacks we could find.. in the middle of the raiding the kitchen.. CJ just stopped me.. and kissed me, and told me from the bottom of his heart how much he loved me. He melted my heart... while I was stuffing my face, he still loved me through all my craziness. I remember it all very clear. CJ told me he loved me.. so much, and I am so grateful to be sealed to the most amazing man, and be loved by him.

That night... one of my most proud moments of CJ is when he called me and told me that he cooked a rice a toni box.... the family size box, and ate the ENTIRE THING! First of all, CJ could eat.. so that part didn't surprise me as much. MY CJ cooked! All by himself! I was laughing so hard. I then asked if he did the dishes? His response: No, I just put them in the pile and saved them for later. We loved saving the dishes for later...



oh life.. Like it was yesterday. I just know how much love I always felt from my sweet husband. How we always made each other laugh, how every moment... I miss. I love my CJ more than words can express.

1 comment:

  1. I just realised that CJ passed away on Valentine's Day :( It's ironic how he could pass away on that day when you guys were so in love and had more love together than many had in a lifetime. I'm so sorry and know how hard it is leading up to the anniversary, and unfortunately once you are there it doesn't get easier. Love and prayers to you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete