Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Feb 13

All day today I would text CJ, you miss me? He always responded with "HARD". I loved text bombing him, and calling him over and over... even though I knew he was at work. It made me smile because I could totally see CJ looking at his phone shaking his head laughing at me, his crazy wife, it made me happy. I wish I brought him lunch, but I didn't, I was with my sister Toni and we had the girls; Bailey and Brooklynn (lil chunk). So I called him on lunch break to see if he was fed, he walked across the street to this Armenian food, I forget the name, he liked it. I went there one lunch with him to try it out.. CJ always loved his ethnic food.. I soon did too once we started dating.

Finally, CJ was off of work and we were going to take the girls, meet Kaci and Brian, and go eat at Cafe Rio. I texted CJ we were passing our exit, and he was on his way. We went and sat in the corner... waiting for everyone to get there. I sat so I could see the door, to know when CJ would walk up. I saw him park and walk up to the door. He was wearing his DARDEN sweatshirt, is great sweatpants, blue converse, and his Boston Red Sox hat... with the biggest smile. He saw me before he walked through the doors, and we just looked at each other laughing.. all the way till I got up to give him the biggest hug and kiss. He was ready to eat. We waited in line.. Brian ordered extra pork, CJ was totally pumped for that order, we got our chips and queso (our go to), and Diet coke for me.. Coke Zero for my babe.  We just ate. Bailey wanted to sit next to uncle "chee j" and little Brooklynn would not keep her eyes off of her boyfriend, Uncle CJ. I always told CJ she was his little girlfriend. I can just see her and here little teeth popping though with that huge smile looking and laughing at CJ. After we were in the parking lot, switching the car seats to Brian's car. CJ just took that little chunk and started to spin her towards me.. making her laugh. I loved watching him hold her, he loved kids, and it always melted my heart. Once we had to buckle the girls up.. Bailey had to unbuckle and come around to give her Uncle CJ one more hug. We walked to our car, ready to go home together. I loved driving in the car with CJ. He loved jamming out to his new songs. Tonight, he was on his techno kick. We listened to Rhianna- we found love and our favorite of all Let me think about it- Ida Corr. I just remember rocking out.. CJ was doing some serious chest pumps.. and getting a little swirvy on the freeway.. we had to collect ourselves a little to get it together.

(this is Brooklynn looking at CJ)

We parked and on the ride up in elevator... CJ just broke it down.. hoping that there was a camera in the elevator and that the people watching would get a kick. I loved it when CJ got into his slutty girl dance mode. I just watch and laugh.. it encouraged him to get more crazy. We walked though our doors and every time we did, we laughed because we still had boxes out.. we never really unpacked. We called it our Benjamin Button life... we ate in the kitchen and slept/watched shows in our bed. Simple and happy. CJ had to study a little bit before we could watch our Downton Abbey together. CJ watched it the night before but loved it so much and was so excited for me to see what happened, we watched it again. We just talked in bed for a long time. Talked about how we didnt want to do anything for Valentines day.. I told him I just wanted to be with him, and I would be happy. That is all we wanted to do.




We read our scriptures, said our prayers together, and kissed each other good night. I went to bed happy every night because I was next to my dream boat. My CJ.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this night. Wish we could have thousands of them over and over again. I loved how CJ wore his sweats around. It was the best. He just rocked them, his comfy cozies. I still can not believe this was our last hang-out. I text you once you got home and asked what you were doing for V-day. You said nothing, and Aaron and I decided that was a good idea. Remember we put baby chunk on the table and let her crawl to CJ. It was the best. I love you, and one day we will all be together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keri, my name is Laura Romero and I found your blog through NieNie's. All I do is read and cry because my heart aches for you and your loss. I just wanted to tell you that I think you are so brave and your testimony is so strong. I can't imagine going through what you are going through but thank heaven above for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the knowledge that we have that families are forever and ever. I know words don't make what you are going through any easier but I just wanted to tell you that your story has truly touched my life and I pray for you every day. You will have your sweet CJ again and he most definitely loves you and is with you! Thank you for being so amazing.

    ReplyDelete