Sunday, August 19, 2012

A funny story from Kaci


Tonight's story is inspired by our late night trip to Walmart:

I had completely forgotten about this fun memory until we walked by the vat of awesome DVDs at Walmart.  This night had to have been around Thanksgiving week when we were all together.  We had so many late, late nights with all sorts of fun activities.  One night we all decided that we had to go to Walmart to buy something urgent.  I remember I wanted to buy mom a crochet needle--what?!  We wandered through the aisles looking for the something we just couldn't live without.  I believe we were on our way to another family night of volleyball, so we did have some sort of deadline.  We finally made our way back up to the front of the store.  While somebody was buying their purchases, CJ started looking through the giant vat of DVDs.  It was filled with lots of old, old Christmas movies and tons of other random, cheap flicks.  He was having fun, so we all decided to join him on his search.  He decided that we should make it a game!  Everyone had to plunge their hand into the vat of DVDs without looking and pull out one DVD that we thought would be the best.  To most people that game would sound so lame, but not to us!  We love lame, funny games!!  I remember that CJ "won" once with some collection of like 7 old western films.  He won because we decided that it was the best deal in that draw.   We were on our 4th or 5th turn when the game suddenly came to a halt.  We kept digging our hands in deeper and deeper hoping to come up with a true gem.  As CJ and I plunged our hands into the movies on that final round, we both felt something squishy and slightly warm at the bottom of the bin.  We both immediately pulled our hands out of the movies and were totally grossed out!   We couldn't stop laughing or guessing what disgusting item we had touched down in that Walmart bin of movies.  It's a silly memory, but I hadn't thought about it until tonight :)

I love CJ because he fit right in with all of our craziness!  All of my memories of him play in my mind to the soundtrack of laughter.  I feel like all we did was play, laugh, and have fun--nothing but love!

I had to write this one down before I forgot it again.  I'm just going to write them down as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment