Thursday, August 9, 2012

Richelle McGuire

Dear Keri,
I am sorry that it has taken me so long to write this. Truth be told, I have started writing it a few different times and everytime quit in frustration because I couldn’t find the words to express what is in my heart. 

The most significant memories I have with CJ happened last summer. It was a really difficult time for me and I spent a few different days with you and CJ.....just the three of us. It was then that I felt I really got to know him and your relationship with him. As I spent time with you two,I understood what a marriage can and should be. You truly live for each other and each other’s love. I found that after spending just a couple days around CJ it quickly became apparent that he is a special individual. He radiates love. Love for the gospel, love for life and just an incredibly obvious love for YOU. After a summer of feeling sorry for myself and all my woes I found inspiration through his example. I wanted to be different and better. It’s amazing how he does that to people. His influence is so powerful. 

What I truly think about when I think of memories of him is you. I think of how CJ affected your life. All of your wonderful qualities were magnified when CJ came into your life. Your love for the gospel among many other things became more and more apparent. When I think of what we are taught our whole lives about finding an eternal companion, I think of how we are told to find someone that brings out the best version of ourselves.I don’t think I really understood that principle until I saw that you and CJ are perfect examples of it. I admire you two for that and I aspire to do the same in my own marriage. 

A few months ago I was praying to find some words of comfort or to understand how to be the best friend and support for you that I could be. I was praying for the right words or for an experience that could help you in some way. On a Sunday night right after my prayers and before I went to bed, I started scrolling through my phone at all my past text messages. I stumbled upon the name “CJ” and my heart dropped. I opened the text conversation from months previous that I didn’t even know existed and all it said was “Let Keri know that I am home would you.” I felt overwhelmed by the spirit. I felt so much peace, I just wanted to transfer everything that I felt in that moment to you. The confirmation was undeniable. I know that CJ wants you to know he is home and he is waiting for you and I know that you know that.

Your strength inspires me. I am always here for you. Love you and Love CJ. 

Thank you for what you both have taught me.

Love Shell.

No comments:

Post a Comment